Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Speed Writing Christian Fiction Author

To me, this is awesome! Then again I don't write for a living.

This is part of an article written by Daisy Maryles, "Bestseller Bytes" published in Religion BookLine -- Publishers Weekly, 4/18/2007

Bestselling and prolific author Karen Kingsbury claims she can draft a 100,000-word novel in two to three weeks. She likens her intense writing blocks to "swimming across the ocean." Kingsbury holes up in her writing room 10 hours a day, emerging only to eat dinner with her family. As she writes, she listens to classical music or nature sounds on headphones. And she times herself. "If the CD is 56 minutes long, when I hit start I write my word count down. When the CD stops, I take a break and write down the word count again. I try to keep breaking my own personal best on how many words I can get in an hour." Her record is 24,000 words in one day.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment