Monday, April 15, 2013

With God in the Workplace


We undertake experiments of everyday life in which we are learning to be with God. And the stuff of our day-to-day experience is the place where these experiments go on. This with-God life takes no time, yet it occupies all our time. When we go to work, we go to work with-God. At work we are learning how to bless those who curse us, how to weep with those who weep and rejoice with those who rejoice, how our very presence can be a joy to others. And the experiments are numerous and varied: "Today, Lord, teach me somehow to bless every person I meet. Show me the preciousness of each individual. Fill my mind with creative new ideas and show me how to break the horns of cruel dilemmas."
[Richard Foster and Gayle Beebe, Longing for God: Seven Paths of Christian Devotion. (IVP Books, 2009), p. 25]

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment